Below are the contents of the Quantum Tuning Warranty Booklet, please read carefully if you are considering purchasing.
The Warranty Promise
To give you peace of mind, the Approved Dealer promises to repair or replace any covered component on the Customer’s Motor Vehicle which suffers Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown.
As a Customer you have legal rights under the statute when a problem arises, and this Warranty does not limit those rights. Guidance and further information on your statutory rights may be obtained from your local Trading Standards Office, Citizens Advice Bureau, or Consumer Direct.
You will have chosen or agreed on certain parameters for your Warranty, and the limits are specifically listed or covered by the general terms, definitions, and exclusions all within the Warranty Booklet. Please read and digest them carefully, along with the Claims Procedure, and enjoy your new purchase.
Terms and Conditions
1. This Warranty does not affect the Customer’s statutory rights.
2. The Approved Dealer is entitled to choose whether to repair or replace a component covered by this warranty.
3. Mechanical or Electrical Break down is defined in the Definitions section of this Warranty Booklet.
4. Where the cost of repair exceeds the Claims Limit (as defined), the extent of contribution by the Approved Dealer under the terms of this Warranty is the stipulated Claims Limit.
5. The period for which this Warranty is valid is from the date of purchase for the period/mileage (whichever the sooner) as stipulated on the Warranty Record as defined.
6. To maintain the validity of this Warranty the vehicle must be maintained and serviced as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. The relevant invoices must also be retained and may be required in the event of a claim.
7. In the event of a repair being carried out under the terms of this Warranty, any parts replaced shall become the property of the Approved Dealer.
8. This Warranty is invalidated if the vehicle is used for rallies, racing, pacemaking, reliability trials, scrambling, speed testing or track days without the express written consent of the Approved Dealer.
9. This Warranty is only transferable to another owner if Quantum Tuning expressly consents to it in writing and subject to the current administration charge.
10. This Warranty is invalidated if it is discovered that the odometer has been disconnected for a material mileage, or tampered with.
11. The Approved Dealer is at liberty to specify the use of reconditioned/exchange units for repairs carried out as a result of a valid claim within the terms of this Warranty.
12. There is no limit on the number of claims made under this Warranty, save that the total value of claims shall not exceed £10,000 including VAT.
13. This Warranty is only valid for Mechanical or Electrical Break down occurring to vehicles with in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland but is extended to cover travel with in other Member States of the European Union for up to thirty days in total during the period of cover under this Warranty.
14. The Warrantors or their representatives shall have the right at all reasonable times to have access to the Motor Vehicle.
15. Any alteration to, or modification to, the Motor Vehicle, save for routine service/maintenance in accordance with the vehicle Manufacturer’s recommendations, before or after the fitting of the Quantum Tuning product, shall invalidate this Warranty.
16. No person other than the Customer, or another owner to which this Warranty has been transferred under Clause 9 above, has any right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act 1999) or otherwise to enforce this Warranty.
17. The due observance and fulfillment of the terms and conditions contained in this Warranty or endorsed hereon, in so far as they relate to anything to be done or complied with by the Customer, and the truth of the statements made by the Customer, shall be conditions precedent to any liability under this Warranty.
18. This Warranty applies only in the event and to the extent that a Manufacturer’s Warranty claim is declined for a legally valid reason as a direct result of the Quantum Tuning product having been installed.
All mechanical or electrical components, if covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty, are covered by this Warranty if the terms and conditions of this Warranty are fully complied with, subject to the General Exclusions and Definitions.
1. Any claim arising as a result of gradual deterioration through wear and tear.
2. Any claim arising from foreign material introduced into the fuel/cooling system.
3. Failure wholly or partly due to negligence, abuse or accidental damage, intentional act or wilful neglect by the Customer, intentional overloading of the Motor Vehicle, and experiments involving the imposition of any abnormal conditions.
4. Vehicle Recovery.
5. Loss of use of the Motor Vehicle, or any other consequential or economic loss, penalties for delay or detention, or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency other than the Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown of the Motor Vehicle directly attributable to the installation of the Quantum Tuning product and where the cost of repair has been declined for legally valid reasons by the manufacturer.
6. The failure of any part not originally fitted to the vehicle and not fitted by the Approved Dealer, or the failure of another part arising as a result thereof.
7. Any claim reported to the Approved Dealer or Quantum Tuning more than 14 days after the occurrence of the failure.
8. The failure of any part arising as a result of repairs carried out by a person not authorised by the Approved Dealer or Quantum Tuning.
9. The failure of any part disclosed as defective to the Customer by the Approved Dealer prior to the installation/sale, or for which claim could be made under the Manufacturer’s warranty or as a result of a recall by the Manufacturer.
10. The failure of any part arising from defective design or manufacturing.
11. The cost of establishing preventative maintenance procedures or the cost of recall by the Manufacturer of the Customer’s Motor Vehicle or any part thereof or the cost of alterations, additions, improvements, or overhauls.
12. Any Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown caused by the application of any tool or process during the course of a maintenance inspection, modification or overhaul, or due to fire or any extraneous cause.
13. Any claim for Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown under the terms of any other Warranty Manufacturer’s Guarantee or any Insurance.
14. Any freight charges in the event that a replacement part is not readily available.
15. Any cost incurred as a result of failure to meet current local legislation.
Breakdown (whether mechanical or electrical) means the sudden or unforeseen actual breaking or burning out of a component of the Motor Vehicle directly attributable to the operation or installation of the Quantum Tuning product warranted hereunder, causing the Motor Vehicle to stop working and therefore requiring repair or replacement before normal operation can be resumed, providing the failed component was covered by the Motor Vehicle Manufacturer’s warranty and declined by them for a valid legal reason due solely to the operating or installation of the Quantum Tuning product.
Period and Period of Warranty means the lesser of:
a) 12 months from the date of installation of the Quantum Tuning produce to the Motor Vehicle by a Quantum Approved Dealer; or
b) 30,000 miles as measured on the Motor Vehicle odometer from the date of installation of the Quantum Tuning product by a Quantum Approved Dealer or completion of 90,000 in total traveled by the vehicle for new.
The liability under this Warranty shall not exceed £10,000 (ten thousand pounds) including VAT.
Quantum Tuning Ltd (incorporated in England and Wales – Registration No 07243867.
Trading and correspondence address – Unit A, Enterprise House, Waldeck Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BR. Email address – email@example.com
The owner of the Motor Vehicle to which a Quantum Tuning product has been fitted, and who is domiciled within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Quantum Tuning Product
A Vehicle performance-modifying computer chip fitted into or onto an Electronic Control Unit (ECU); or the installing of new software to an existing ECU by a Quantum Approved Dealer; that is designed to increase horsepower, torque and overall driveability.
A Motor Vehicle categorised in the UK as Private, or PLG, or LGV, the unladen weight of which does not exceed 3,500 kg and motorhome conversions categorised as Private HGV up to 5,000 kg unladen weight and has not more than 8 passenger seats, which a Quantum Tuning product has been installed.